Had a great time yesterday fishing Murphy City Complex Pond for trout. Went back again today with the same setup… Redington Pursuit 4wt-8′ fly rod and Ross Flystart Model 2. Used a size 14 Guadalupana to take a limit today! Fun stuff!
Log Book Entry: 2/26/17
- Location: Murphy City Complex Pond (Murphy)
- Time: 07:30 – 08:30
- Weax: Clear, “Sweater & Under Armour”, Slight Breeze
- Rod: Redington Pursuit 4wt – 8′
- Reel: Ross Flystart Model 2 – 4wt Flyline
- Lots of fishermen on arrival at the pond with a good number fly fishing!
- Action was steady with Super Dupers continuing to produce for spin fishermen.
- Guadalupana (as well as Wooley Buggers) did well for fly fishermen.
- Not able to determine bait preferences but it looked like limits were being taken by bait fishermen.
- Corn, Trout Worms, and Power Bait worked well at yesterday’s derby. Suspect the same held true this round.
- 14 Rainbow Trout – 9″-12″ – Guadalupana – Sz 14