Mixing things up with the catch and cook recipes. This time going to cook the Catfish we caught Sunday at the local lake using a Blackened Fish Recipe.
Recipe calls for the following:
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper (or less if you want less spicy)
- Salt to taste as desired, suggest less than a Teaspoon possibly 1/2
Pan fry preferably in a cast iron skillet using a 1/4 stick of butter and olive oil. Cook 1″ to 2″ for thin fillets, 3″ to 4″ minutes for thicker fillets on high heat. Fillets are done when white and flaky. Cook in 1″ increments each side if fillet does not flake with a fork.
Do try it out first chance you get… it’s tasty!