Throw back Wednesday to celebrate “Hump Day” and get us through the midweek blues… how about a catch and cook of trout we caught last season?
Froze the trout in ice, and they stayed as fresh as the day we caught them last Winter. Used a Rubber Legged Near Deere to get them to strike!
For cooking, decided to try a new recipe – Pan Fried Habanero Trout!
- Garlic Powder
- Chopped Habanero (with or without the seeds, proceed with caution)
- Stocker Sized Rainbow Trout fillets
- Season fillets with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Sprinkle chopped Habanero over fillets
- Let sit in the refrigerator for two hours or more
- Pan fry in oil on high heat for two minutes each side. Three minutes if crunchy fillets are desired