Updates from this weekend’s fishing fun! Had lots of fun this past weekend fishing for trout at Frisco Commons!
It’s Monday, February 10
- Updates from this past week
- Frisco trout stocking happened
- Lots of people limited out
Saturday was sunny. Go to lure, bait, and flies…
- Lures – Super Duper, Rooster Tail, Kast Master
- PowerBaits – Trout Bait and PowerWorms
- Fishing Flies – Dry Flies, Near Deare, OWB, RBW
- Bubble Fly Rig Variant – replace with Kastmaster and trailing fly
Sunday was a misty morning , then a rainy day. Go to fishing flies…
- Olive Near Deere no indicator – short pulls, steady retrieve worked well initially. Later, a 6 count pause to let the fly sink, followed by long pulls and pauses
- Dry Flies – do match the hatch, pattern less important than size and color
- Like to have a Griffiths Gnat sz 18 as a backup
- 5PM Hatch! Keep an eye out for it!
- MaxCatch 2wt 10ft Fly Rod
- Echo Ion 2/3 Wt Fly Reel
- Rio Trout Max Shooting Head – Rio Trout Max #2 in 200 grain
- OPST Lazar Line 30 lbs Test
- Lesson Learned: Fly Rod works well with the Trout Max but Lazar Line tends to slip under spool. Switched line to Hydros SL1 Fly Reel. No line slippage.
- Giveaway Wednesday 2/12/2020 at 8PM Central.
- Still time… Comment on the video, Valid Email address, and US Mailing address
All for now
- Do Like and Subscribe
- Comments, questions, suggestions…
- Good Luck and Good Fishing!