Short on time today but was able to make a quick trip to Bethany Lakes this evening for about 45″. Managed to catch one Rainbow Trout and missed several others. Used the 5wt fly rod and the PMC Emerger and sight cast to passing schools of trout! Fun time… and a great way to start 2017!
Log Book Entry: 1/1/17
- Bethany Lakes – Pond C (Allen)
- Time: 17:30 – 18:15
- Weax: Clear, Short-Sleeve, Calm
- Rod: Redington Classic Trout 5wt – 9′
- Reel: Echo Ion 4/5 – 6wt Flyline
- Sight casting to passing schools of trout that were actively feeding on/near the surface.
- Tiny bugs were hatching. Observed black midges and cream midges. Estimated Sz 18 in size.
- Trout were striking at fishing flies that were sitting still on the surface.
- Trout were also striking/chasing fishing flies that were moving fast when picking up the fly line for the next cast.
- 1 Rainbow Trout – 10″ – PMC Emerger – Sz 16 (Struck while sitting still on the surface)