Fished Bethany Lakes this morning to give it another go with the Green Foam Grasshopper. Managed to get three to take the fishing fly! Had one missed strike, and then started hooking up once we found the right retrieve – short jerk and then wait. Bass were striking as the grasshopper sat still.
Log Book Entry: 3/18/17
- Location: Bethany Lakes – Main Pond and Horseshoe Pond (Allen)
- Time: 07:30 – 09:30
- Weax: Overcast, Short Sleeve, Breezy
- Rod: Redington Classic Trout – 5wt – 9′
- Reel: Echo Ion 4/5 – 6wt Flyline
- Started at Bethany Ridge Park Pond but moved on to Bethany Lakes after no strikes. Did see some fish activity but could not tell what was moving about.
- Fished the Main Pond at Bethany Lakes next, starting by the “Wall” and moving toward the “Canal” without a strike.
- Did get a strike at the “Cove” near the “Canal” but it quickly threw the hook.
- Finally landed one using short jerks and then pausing. Bass were striking on the pause.
- Took another Bass in the Main Pond, and later in the Horseshoe Pond!
- 3 Bass – 12″-14″ – Green Foam Grasshopper – Sz 10