Fished Bethany this evening and caught a mixed bag of Bass, Bluegill, Sunfish, and a Shellcracker. Used a Guadalupana, a Foam Grasshopper, a Damsel Fly, and a PMC Emerger Variant to catch them this round! Fun stuff.. pics and a short snipped of one of the Bass and the Shellcracker begin caught!
Fishing Log: 3/10/17
- Bethany Lakes – Various Ponds and Canal (Allen)
- 17:15 – 18:50
- Clear, “Short Sleeves”, Calm
- Redington Classic Trout 5wt – 9′
- Echo Ion 4/5 Reel – 6wt Fly Line
- Bass were in their beds but really finicky; ignoring fishing flies landing in their beds and near their noses!
- Had several smaller Bass follow the Damsel Fly but no takers!
- Changed to a Guadalupana and caught a Bass, had others follow but no more takers
- Tried other flies and started catching them on a Foam Grasshopper and PMC Emerger Variant.
- Put the Damsel Fly back on and caught the Shellcracker!
- 1 Bass – 10″ – Guadalupana sz 14
- 1 Bass – 12″ – Foam Grasshopper sz 10 (Yellow)
- 1 Shellcracker – 9″ 0 Damsel Fly sz 10 (Purple)
- 1 Bluegill – 3″ – PMC Emerger Variant (PMC GNE) sz 16
- 1 Bass – 4″ – PMC Emerger Variant (PMC GNE) sz 16
- 1 Sunfish – 4″ – PMC Emerger Variant (PMC GNE) sz 16