Bass seemed to have developed lockjaw on the Foam Grasshoppers. Tied three purple Damsel Flies, and then fished Bethany Lakes later in the afternoon… caught three Bass. Would have caught more but lost all three Damsel Flies!
Used short pulls of the line, and then a short pause before repeating. Bass tended to hit the fishing fly when we paused between series of short pulls.
The last fishing fly off broke off taking the Damsel Fly with it. Time to make more at the fly tying table!
Log Book Entry: 3/20/17
- Location: Bethany Lakes – Main Pond (Allen)
- Time: 1730 – 18:30
- Weax: Clear, short sleeves, Windy
- Rod: Redington Classic Trout 5wt – 9′
- Reel: Echo Ion 4/5 – 6wt Flyline
- Damsel Fly worked in purple marabou! Need to tie more since we ran out.
- Used short pulls of the line and pause between sets. Bass tended to strike when the fly was resting still.
- Did lose a nice Bass… line broke. Was using thin tippet material; next round going back to 12lbs mono!
- 3 Bass – 12″-13″ – Purple Damsel Fly – Sz 8.