Quick trip to the local pond yesterday for some fun with little Bluegill. Caught five that went for a PMC Emerger! No Bruisers but still lots of fun! Pictures at the end of the video are blurry; gotta work on the photography skills but the video action tells the story! PS: Really liking the new hat!
Log Book Entry: 1/19/17
- Time: 17:20 to 18:00
- Weax: Clear, “Hoodie Jacket”, Calm
- Rod: Redington Classic Trout 5wt – 9′
- Reel: Echo Ion 4/5 – 6wt Flyline
- Fished the Main Pond without success using a Purple Near Deere, and then switched to a PMC Emerger without a strike as well.
- Noticed the “black midges” on the water and an ongoing hatch. Remembered past seasons where the Bass and Bluegill were actively feeding on them. Used a Griffith’s Gnat on a caddis hook then; hoped the PMC Emerger would work this round.
- Moved on to the Back Pond, and observed little swirls in the water. Something was actively feeding on the hatching midges. Soon after, started catching Bluegill!
- Did not see anything feeding in the Main Pond while leaving; will need to keep an eye out for the Bass feeding on them over the next few weeks.
- 5 Bluegill – 3″ to 4″ in size – PMC Emerger – Sz 14