Short on time today but was able to make a quick trip to Bethany Lakes. Caught a trout on a Griffith’s Gnat, missed a couple more, and then decided that my mojo was off and went for a couple of casts in the Main Pond with the Switch Rod and a Near Deere. Mojo came back with a Bass caught on the fly!
PS: Great meeting TFF’s zenmic this evening!
Log Book Entry: 1/2/17
- Bethany Lakes – Pond C, Main Pond (Allen)
- Time: 17:30 – 19:00
- Weax: Clear, Short Sleeves, Calm
- Rod: Cabelas TLR Switch Rod 6wt – 11′
- Reel: Lamson Liquid 4 – 5wt RIO Switch Chucker Spey Line
- More sight casting to passing schools of trout. Schools were roaming the pond but tending to the NW side of Pond C where someone was chumming with bread.
- Hatch was in progress but schools were not staying in the area we fished by the pier for very long. Only a short window to sight cast, and then the trout were gone.
- Similar to yesterday, the trout were chasing fishing flies as the fly line was picked up for the next cast.
- Later, moved to the Main Pond for a chance at Bass. Did catch one using a steady retrieve.
- 1 Rainbow Trout – 10″ – COAF Griffith’s Gnat – Sz 16
- 1 Largemouth Bass – 12″ – Olive Near Deere – Sz 10 at 1/124oz