Fished Bethany Lakes on a quick trip using fly fishing gear to test a new pattern – Near Guad. It’s a combination of the Near Deere and the Guadalupana. Had one Bass look at it, else no takers. Switched to a smaller Guadalupana and caught a Sunfish and a Bluegill, then put on a Griffith’s Gnat and caught several more… fun time!
Log Book Entry: 3/08/17
- Location: Bethany Lakes – Feeder Creek (Allen)
- Time: 18:00 – 18:45
- Weax: Clear, “Long Sleeve”, Calm
- Rod: Redington Classic Trout 5wt – 9′
- Reel: Echo Ion 4/5 – 6wt Flyline
- Fished the Back Pond and had one Bass follow the Near Guad. But, it did not take it.
- Moved to the Feeder Creek and caught a Sunfish and Bluegill on a Guadalupana.
- Later, changed the fishing fly to a Griffith’s Gnat as there were a number of strikes but no solid hook ups.
- Caught several more Sunfish and Bluegill with the Griffith’s Gnat.
- Fished a little after dark and left them biting!
- 1 Sunfish – 4″ – Guadalupana – Sz 14
- 1 Bluegill – 5″ – Guadalupana – Sz 14
- 4 Sunfish – 3″-4″ – Griffith’s Gnat – Sz 16
- 2 Bluegill – 2″-3″ – Griffith’s Gnat – Sz 16