Made a quick trip to Celebration Park with the two piece Micro Fly Rod. Used a PMC Emerger Variant to catch a little Sunfish and then a fish we do not know about… calling it the “unknown fish” for now. Lots of fun even though it was only 30″ of fishing! PS: Dark conditions made for hazy video at times but audio remains good.
Log Book Entry: 1/30/17
- Location: Celebration Park – North Pond (Allen)
- Time: 18:00 – 18:30
- Weax: Clear, “Short Sleeves”, Calm
- Rod: Two Piece Micro Fly Rod 00WT – 4’3″
- Reel: Go Fast and Light Micro Fly Reel – Level Fly Line from 5wt running line portion
- Warm day with temps in the 70s. Short on time, decided to check out Celebration Park to see how the Sunfish and Bluegill were doing.
- Hatch was going on and could see the little Sunfish and Bluegill feeding on them.
- Several on the line but only managed two fish. Need to go with smaller than a size 16 fishing fly next time.
- 1 Sunfish – 3″ – PMC Emerger Variant (Griffith’s Gnat Emerger) – Sz 16
- 1 “Unknown Fish” – 4″ – PMC Emerger Variant (Griffith’s Gnat Emerger) – Sz 16