Finished editing the video from last month’s trip to the Texas Coast with sidetrips to the Texas Hill Country. Fished the Guadalupe River but only briefly. No Bruisers but did get to try the OPST Commando Head on the River. Works great… perfect for fishing the area!
Tooks sidetrips to Austin to the Oasis Restaurant to enjoy the view of Lake Travis and consume tasty foods and cold frozen drinks. Also, made stops in New Braunfels – specifically, Gruene.:
- The Grist Mill for a bite as well as some chips and salsa and other foods.
- The Gruene Hall for beers and live music!
- Gruene River Grill for the best MEXICAN MARTINIS!
- Gruene Outfitters where we found a combination Nail Knot Tying Tool and Nippers as well as some awesome – no slip, cork strike indicators
Went on to the Texas Coast by way of Port Aransas, fun times fishing:
- Packery Channel where we quickly learned Fish Bites make great bait for perch, pinfish, hardheads, etc
- On the Cap’n Paul Fishing Boat – we ended up catching Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Kingfish, and an Atlantic Sharpnose Shark!
- Bob Hall Pier where one of our group had multiple big strikes and break offs before finally getting spooled!
Came back to the Texas Hill Country and enjoyed:
- More food and “tasted” new wines in Fredricksburg.
- More live music and beers in Luchenbach!
Overall, it was a great time playing and not working; hope to do it again sooner than later. For now, get to relive the moment through YouTube! Till next time, Good Luck and Good Fishing… and “come sail away” with us – COAF Field Team!