Been out of pocket this week; last round of fishing was the day after the Satruday’s Trout Derby in Mckinney. Fished Towne Lake with Cabelas TLR Switch Rod and Guadalupanas! Limited out with five as well as did some catch and release fishing, too! Was hoping to make it back out there this week, but as our day jobs conflicted it was not a go. This Saturday there may be a slim chance to hit on of the three ponds hosting derbies – Prosper, Denison, or Murphy… gotta hit one at least!
Log Book Entry: 2/19/17
- Location: Towne Lake (Mckinney)
- Time: 07:30 – 10:00
- Weax: Overcast, “Long Sleeves”, Calm
- Rod: Cabelas TLR Switch Rod 6wt – 11′
- Reel: Lamson Liquid 4 – Rio Switch Chucker with Versitip Leader (F)
- Busy on arrival with lots of fishermen catching trout on various baits and lures. Of note, were corn and trout worms!
- The Game Warden was checking licenses; checked mine with no issues. Even asked for website URL. Gladly provided by taking a picture of our StockerTroutFishing.com hat!
- Action was good with consistent strikes using the delayed count and minimal movement fishing a Guadalupana. As the morning progressed, trout were actively feeding near the surface. Fast retrieve was preferred but action slowed down after about 30″. Delayed count and long pull retrieve were key then!
- 11 Rainbow Trout – 10″-12″ – Guadalupana – Sz 12