In keeping with the rollout of our Bait Finesse Systems Fishing Journal, the following is the Fishing Trip Report for last Sunday – Super Bowl Sunday, to the Warren Sports Complex. Plan was to catch a trout or two, but as it turned out only one for trip. At least, it was not a strikeout!
PS: Added footage to the video on a follow-up trip on Valentine’s Day to catch Bass on Senkos BFS Style!
- Date: 2-13-2022
- Time: 0930-1230
- Location: Warren Sports Complex, Frisco, TX
Key Take Aways:
- Trout were stocked Thursday, and then the Annual Trick A Trout Derby was held Saturday.
- Temps dropped 30 degrees on Sunday compared to Sunday.
- Trout action was mainly on the Northeast end and the West side. Action seemed best near “waterflow” areas.
- Windy, NW at 10+ mph
- Gold Super Duper worked for one individual; long casts and steady retrieve.
- Fire Tail Rooster Tail worked for one trout; slow retrieve.
- Microlite Bass Pro Shops 4’10” UL Rod
- Shimano Scorpion 17 BFS-XG Reel
- 6lbs Stren Mono
- Shakespeare Microcast Rod 4’6″
- Kastking Zephyr without Reel Clicker
- 6lbs Stren Mono
BFS Lure Data
- DIY Inline Spinner – 1/16oz – Silver/Black – Zero Fish
- Super Duper – 502 – Gold – Zero Fish
- Rooster Tail – 1/16oz – Gold / Fire Tail – 1 Fish
- Slim Jim Spoon – 1/12oz – Blue/Silver – Zero Fish
- Rainbow Trout – 9″ – Roster Tail (Fire Tail) – Slow Retrieve
- Fish are tending to Northeast end and/or West side where water is deeper.
- Waterflow areas were key.
- Fish deep when using Power Bait
- South end is shallow, looks promising for later in the year when temps warm.
- Pond is large with the typical “stock tank” slope. Plan to fish parallel or at acute angles when warm water bite starts.
COAF Field Team Video