Interesting discussions about corn and its affect on trout. Key items noted about trout fishing with corn:
- Mostly anecdotal comments either good and bad
- Very little published researched.
- One study mentioned
- Learned it was a Question and Answer reply by PFC (PFBAC) that references a study
- No published research results online of the study; does not mean it was not conducted
- Specific details of the study by others that were not mentioned in PFC’s QA reply suggests results were available at one time.
- Given study cited by PFC (PFABC), short term affect suggests not harmful
- Publications from State agencies offer suggestions and tips to use corn
- Legal in all states except one – Rhode Island trout waters
- No reports of mass fish kills as a result of corn
Bottom-Line: Personal choice and in seasonal fisheries where trout will die off in warmer months, impact of corn is lessened.