Originally published February 23, 2022
This round I demonstrate the five steps I follow that helped me limit out on Trout. Do give it a try, and let us know how it worked for you!
Step 1 – Observe
- Where are the trout lurking?
- What are others doing that is/isn’t working?
Step 2 – What worked before?
- Try lures and retrieves that worked from past trips
- Do the same, else try varying the presentation
Step 3 – What is Different?
- Did something change – warmer, colder?
- Has the wind changed?
Step 4 – Give them what they want!
- Try different lures
- Change the retrieve
- Note any indication of a strike
Step 5 – Catch a limit!
- Once you catch one, repeat
- If the bite stops, adjust by changing lures again
- Shimano Reel 17 Scorpion BFS XG Right
- BPS Micro Lite Rod
- Wordens 3206-S103 Rooster Tail in-Line Spinner 3 Pack, Sz 1/16OZ
- Luhr Jensen Super Duper