YouTube Shorts video where I use Pectin – also can use Gelatin, to make DIY Fish Bites using a recipe from @Deep Waters Fishing – see video at https://youtu.be/GQm-EOpLSsg, for saltwater fishing. We call it DIY Fish Bites Gummy Gums for ease of reference. It is a simple recipe that works in freshwater, too!
- 1. Pour one shot of Bass Attractant into a measuring cup. You can use Trout Attractant or other “flavorings” as well.
- 2. Add water to make a combined mix of 1/4 cup of water and attractant. Make sure to not go over the 1/4 cup combined mix.
- 3. Add 3 Tablespoons of Pectin or unflavored Gelatin. You can let sit for a 3 – 5 minutes to let the pectin/gelatin bloom if desired. Else, go to step 4.
- 4. Then, heat in a saucepan until syrupy. Can also try microwaving in 30 second to 1 minute intervals, checking for consistency…. aka “syrupiness”.
- 5. Next, pour into a mold or container, and let cool in the fridge. Prefer overnight but 2-4 hours works as long as it has the “gummy bear” feel to it.
- 6. Cut into squares in the desired size if poured into a container. Else, remove from the mold.
- 7. Go fishing and let us know how it worked for you!